Zovirax is an antiviral medicine used for treating infections caused by specific viruses. Zovirax is more frequently purchased and used for treating infections caused due to herpes simplex virus, shingles, cold sores and chicken pox. Zovirax can also be used for treating Epstein-Barr virus infections. Zovirax medication is known for its potential to bring down the severity of the infection rather than offering complete relief from herpes.
Proper way of taking Zovirax
- Zovirax should be taken only through mouth. Administering Zovirax pill through other means should be restrained from.
- Zovirax should be taken at the initial stages of observing the symptoms.
- Liquid formulation of Zovirax should be measured with a proper dose measuring spoon in order the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Read these precautions before taking Zovirax
- Zovirax should not be taken by individuals allergic to Valacyclovir and acyclovir.
- Those affected by kidney disease, having a weak immune system and those who are consuming other medications like pain killers and antibiotics should be extra cautious in administering Zovirax medication.
- Though Zovirax medicine doesn’t harm a to-be-born baby, consult the doctor and talk about your pregnancy before taking the medicine.
Know the side effects before consuming Zovirax
The common side effects of Zovirax are
- Common ill feelings
Immediate medical attention is must for the below adverse effects
- Getting bruised very often
- Purple spots under skin
- Indications of Kidney ailment like painful urination, tired feelings and swelling in ankles and feet.