Zoloft is an anti-depression medication that is used to tackle different types of depression in people. The main chemical Sertraline which is present in Zoloft is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and it treats symptoms of depression by balancing the neurotransmitter chemicals in the brain. You can also buy Zoloft for the treatment of:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Proper way of taking Zoloft
- Zoloft is dispensed in the form of oral capsules that can be taken either with or without food. But it is best to take Zoloft at the same time every day in order to not forget to take a dose.
- The liquid formulation comes in a concentrated form hence it must be diluted before consuming. Liquid Lexapro can also be mixed with apple juice, orange juice or ginger ale.
Read these precautions before taking Zoloft
- Zoloft use must be restricted if a person has taken a MAO inhibitor in the recent past, typically 14 days prior.
- Your condition must be monitored by a doctor regularly as the pill is known to cause suicidal thoughts in some people.
- The administration of Zoloft pill is absolutely prohibited if a woman is pregnant.
- Zoloft must also not to be consumed by anyone who is younger than the age of 18. Aside from this sect of people anyone else can purchase Zoloft and use it to treat their conditions.
Know the side effects before consuming Zoloft
Zoloft common side effects include:
- Changes in weight or appetite
- Drying of the mouth
- Decreased libido or difficulty to have an orgasm
Severe side effects of generic Zoloft include:
- Manic episodes which include unusual behaviour, tendency to involve in risky activities
- Decreased sodium levels
- Increased levels of serotonin in the body