Zetia is a cholesterol medicine that reduces the absorption of cholesterol into the body. When you buy and use Zetia you’ll experience a reduction of cholesterol content in the body. Zetia that also goes by the active ingredient ezetimibe can also be used along with other cholesterol medicine or with food that is low in calories. By reducing the intake of cholesterol from the food, Zetia indirectly reduces the frequency of heart strokes.
Proper way of taking Zetia
- Zetia is taken along with food or on an empty stomach.
- It is best if Zetia is taken at the same time every day. This has two benefits, the first is that you will not forget taking the medicine and the second benefit is that level of ezetimibe in the blood can be maintained at the same level.
- Although Zetia medicine can be consumed with cholesterol medicine, some medicines must only be taken 4 hours after taking ezetimibe or 2 hours before taking ezetimibe.
Read these precautions before taking Zetia
- Zetain must not be consumed with satin medicine if you are suffering from liver diseases or if you are currently pregnant.
- People suffering from any thyroid disease or liver diseases must only administer Zetia medicine after approval from a medical professional
Know the side effects before consuming Zetia
Side effects that can occur while using Zetia medicine are,
- joint pain,
- pain the arm or leg,
These side effects are known to ward off after a while.
Severe side effects of using Zetia are,
- tenderness in muscles,
- severe muscle pain,
- dark coloured urine,
- unusual fatigue
If you experience these severe side effects then you should consult your doctor immediately.