Yaz contraceptive pills, being a combination of two hormones Ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone, work to prevent pregnancy by delaying the ovulation process. Yaz also manipulates the lining of the uterus and cervix which makes it hard for the sperm to reach and fertilize the egg. Girls above the age of 14 who want to prevent acne can also buy and use Yaz.
Follow these Dosage instructions while taking Yaz
- Yaz pill must be taken once a day without miss to prevent pregnancy.
- Yaz pill must be taken at the same time each day in order to not forget taking the pill.
- Yaz pill is either taken on the first day of the menstrual period or on the first Sunday when the period starts.
Read these precautions before taking Yaz
- The Yaz pill must not be used if the woman is already pregnant.
- While on course of therapy with Yaz pill, smoking regularly can greatly heighten the risk of heart attack.
- You cannot choose to take Yaz contraceptive pill if you have medical conditions such as high blood pressure, unusual bleeding in the vagina, problems with your eyes, severe migraine and headaches.
- If you are consuming any antibiotics or AIDS medication, then the efficacy of Yaz tends to decrease.
- The Yaz medicine needs to be stopped for a while if one needs to undergo any medical surgery.
Know the side effects before consuming Yaz
Common side effects of Yaz include:
- Tenderness of the breasts
- Sudden gain in weight
- Changes in the menstrual periods
Severe side effects for which one needs to get emergency medical help are:
- Liver problems
- Signs of blood clot
- Increased severity of migraine
- Lumps in the breast