Vibramycin is predominantly used to treat certain bacterial infections. Vibramycin is also used in combination with other drugs for treating acne and ameba infections. Travelers who visit areas infected by malaria for four months or less buy and use Vibramycin to prevent themselves getting infected. Vibramycin at times is also employed to intercept the growth of anthrax after being exposed. Vibramycin is a tetracycline antibiotics medication, having the generic name doxycycline hydrate and it works by reducing the growth of bacteria.
Proper way of taking Vibramycin
- It is best to take Vibramycin on an empty stomach with a glass full of water usually an hour before having food or two hours post having food either once or twice daily or as advised by your doctor.
- If you have stomach upset, take Vibramycin with milk or after having food.
- You should take Vibramycin at evenly spaced intervals as antibiotics like Vibramycin work best when it is kept at a constant level.
Read these precautions before taking Vibramycin
- Inform the doctor before you undergo any surgery or dental related tasks.
- Avoid being under the sun for long as Vibramycin drug can make you sensitive when exposed to the sun.
- Pregnant women should not take Vibramycin as it can harm the unborn baby.
- Women breastfeeding their babies also need to consult the physician before taking Vibramycin.
Know the side effects before consuming Vibramycin
You might get the following common side effects,
- stomach ache,
- loss of appetite,
- sensitivity to sun exposure,
If any of these persist for a long time, visit your pharmacist or a doctor immediately.
Severe side effects of the drug can range from,
- chest pain,
- bloody stools,
- dark and decreased urine,
- severe sunburn,
- joint pain,
- vaginal irritation,
- changes in the vision.