Soma belongs to a class of drugs known as muscle relaxants and is available in the generic form having the name Carisoprodol. Large number of people worldwide buy Soma for various kind of muscle pains including the muscle spasms. It was approved by the Food and Drugs Administration in the year 2007 to be used as a muscle relaxer and is being manufactured by the Meda Pharmaceuticals. Soma is indeed one of the fastest acting medication in the market to relax the muscles and nerves and provides a soothing effect in the body. Soma is used together along with adequate rest and physical therapy to effectively treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions. Physicians proclaim the drug to be a habit forming one and should be used with caution and utmost care. Overuse of Soma is not recommended as a person might get addicted to it.
What are the secondary uses of Soma?
In addition to the chief usage of Soma as a muscle relaxer, many physicians also employ this magnificent pill for the treatment of various other medical conditions. It produces all the effects of the barbiturate receptor ligands. Soma is available as single and also mixed with aspirin for greater medical benefits. Soma can treat various types of musculoskeletal conditions. Since Soma has excellent soothing properties, it can also induce a person to drowsiness and sleepiness. Therefore, use the drug exactly as advised by the physician and for the right purpose. Soma acts in the body to relieve stress from the nerves by producing a soothing effect.
How Carisoprodol work?
Carisoprodol works by blocking the pain sensations between the nerves and the brain to produce a relaxing effect in the body. Carisoprodol affects the communication between the nerves in certain parts of brain that can control the pain sensations. Carisoprodol works by alleviating the symptoms of pain in the muscles as well as bones to provide a relaxation effect in the body. Research though has not revealed the exact mechanism of action of this drug while a few highly experienced scientists argue that the drug works by relieving the pain in the body. You can speak to your doctor to know the working process of the drug to understand it in a better way.
How fast and long does soma work?
Soma begins its action in the body very soon upon its consumption and its effect stays in the body for at least few hours. Soma releases its chemical properties in the body to soothe the aggravated or hyperactive muscles so as to alleviate muscle cramps. It takes some time to relieve the pain of muscle spasms.
Comparison between Generic Soma and Soma Brand
Generic soma called as Carisoprodol was prepared upon the expiration of the patent of the brand soma medicine. Now both of these forms are easily available in the market. Both of the drugs are considered to be same except for a few minor differences. A major variation among the two is that the generic version is available at a comparatively lower price than its brand counterpart. The ingredients used in the drug varies slightly from each other as generic versions include more number of inactive ingredients. People can purchase either of the drug formulation with a prescription from physical drug stores as well as online pharmacies.
Based on Bioequivalence
Every generic formulation of soma is prepared to be bioequivalent, no matter what the trademark is. Its efficacy is as well same as its generic counterpart. The similar dosage strength of the pills available in both the versions also constitute to the bioequivalence of the drug of both brand Soma and its generic version.
Based on Active & Inactive ingredients
Both the brand and the generic type of Soma comprises of the same active ingredient Carisoprodol. But the active and inactive ingredients in Soma could vary as different drug companies employ different constituents. One can know the active and inactive ingredients of Soma in detail by reading the description label on the drug.
Based on price
The generic formulation of the muscle relaxant Soma is available at a much reduced cost when compared to its brand equivalent. This could be due to a number of reasons one of which is the no branding and marketing involved for the generic form of Soma and this adds to the price cut of the drug.
How should Soma be taken?
- Soma can be taken by mouth as it is indicated for oral administration. You can take Soma with a full glass of water with or without having food, usually four times each day. Generally Soma is taken on an empty stomach as eating can delay the effects of the drug.
- Soma is to be used only as a short term relief and should not be taken for a prolonged time. Do not increase or decrease the dosage strength without receiving consent from the physician.
- Do not take Soma for a longer time than what is advised as doing so will result in unnecessary health troubles.
- The dosage is not the same for every person and differs depending upon the patient’s present health condition, past medical history including the age.
- Physicians usually recommend about 250 to 350 mg of Soma to be taken once at bed time every day.
Missing a dose
Remember to take the Soma dosage on time so as to receive best effects of the pill and do not miss a dose at any instant. In case if you missed a dosage, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and have the subsequent dose. You should never consume two doses at once or extra doses to compensate the missed dose as this will only make you fall ill.
Sometimes, you might accidentally happen to take too much of the medicine. Upon realizing that you have overdosed on Soma medication, rush to the nearest hospital immediately. Do not wait for the symptoms to aggravate as it can prove to be fatal. You can also call for help over emergency toll-free helpline numbers. You might encounter symptoms of overdose of Carisoprodol like confusion, light headed feeling, hallucination, seizure or convulsion, rapid heartbeats, muscle stiffness, problems with vision or shallow breathing.
Read this precautions before taking Soma
- You must understand that Soma drug is a habit forming one, therefore, take Soma only for a short period of time.
- Do not use Soma if you are allergic to it or to its ingredients.
- Soma comprises of certain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in your body
- Talk to your doctor if you have epilepsy or seizure, liver or kidney disease before using Soma.Your physician might alter the dose if you have any of these conditions
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medical treatment prior to taking Soma so as to safely avert any drug interactions
- Do not drive any vehicle or do any machinery work as the drowsiness from Soma can result in unfavourable health complications.
Alcohol and Soma
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are on medical treatment with Soma. This is because alcohol is believed to increase the drowsiness and dizziness that is caused by Soma. It is always better if a person refrains from consuming alcohol with Soma so as to avert any dangerous complications that could result from the interactions of alcohol and Soma.
Why Pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t take Soma?
- Pregnant women should seek consent from the physician before using Soma tablets as this drug is categorized under section C by the FDA and hence should be used with caution.
- Do not use Soma when you are breast feeding your baby without consulting your medical professional as this drug can harm a nursing baby
What are the possible side effects of Soma?
Like any other medicine, Soma too has its own set of side effects. Understand that Soma medicine is being prescribed to you by your physician believing that the advantages of this greater than its side effects. A few people might certain side effects until their body gets adjusted to the medication. Your physician will probably advice you for ways to escape certain side effects. You need to strictly take Soma as advised by the physician in order to avert any major contraindications.
Short-term side effects
The side effects mentioned below are rare and less severe and would diminish gradually bringing it upon the notice of the doctor.
- Allergic reactions like rashes
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- Breathing difficulty, hiccups
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset
- Changes in the vision or blurred vision
- Problems with sleep also known as insomnia
Long-term side effects
Stop using Soma if you experience any severe or dangerous symptoms as mentioned below. Visit your health care professional immediately if you encounter any uncommon or harmful reactions in the body.
- Loss of vision
- Confusion, irritation, agitation
- Paralysis i.e. loss of feelings or sensations
- Fast heartbeats
- Seizures or convulsions
- Excessive weakness
- Lack of coordination
Drugs interactions when taking Soma
There are a number of drugs that can affect or interact with Soma. You should notify the consulting physician if you are taking any over the counter medication, prescription pills, herbal supplements or any other natural products along with this drug so as to carefully prescribe the right medication for you in the appropriate dosage strengths thereby averting drug interactions if any. Do not take any products that cause drowsiness such as antihistamines like cetirizine, diphenhydramine, sleep or anxiety medications like diazepam or alprazolam, zolpidem or meprobamate, muscle relaxants or any narcotic pain relievers like codeine. This as well includes alcohol that is believed to interact with Soma.
How to store Soma after using?
- Since Carisoprodol medications are a habit forming it, store it away from your vicinity so that you do not get addicted to it.
- Keep Soma pills in a cool dry place at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
- Also, keep Soma pills out of reach from children as children should not get exposed to this drug especially toddlers.
- Do not store Soma medicine in high humidity places like washroom or kitchen as the effectiveness of the drug is believed to get hampered.
- You can ask your consulting physician for more details regarding the storage and usage of the Soma in the right method.
Things to know before buying Soma online
Before you purchase the drug online,
- Know that Soma drug is a habit forming one
- Soma can cause mild to severe side effects depending upon the health condition of the patient
- Get to know from your doctor how long you need to consume Soma pills to treat your condition
- Check for the legitimacy of the online pharmacy before you procced to buy the drug
- See if you can get the contact number of the representative in the e-drug store for reference
- Confirm if the data and transactions are being processed over an encrypted server over the website you choose
- Check if you can receive an online prescription from the e-drug portal so that you can have it for future reference.
- Verify if the medicine you will be acquiring is sold in an authentic quality and is FDA approved
- Get to know the physical address of the online medical portal so as to not lose track of your delivery items.
Best Quality Soma for sale at nobledrugsstore.com
Soma medication can be availed from a number of places worldwide. A few people choose to get it over the conventional pharmacy store whereas a few other people prefer to procure it over online drug portals. To receive soma at its best price, you can choose the nobledrugstore.com where this medicine is sold for considerably affordable and cheap prices. This medicine site furnishes this pill in authentic and rich quality so as to help people alleviate their distress and muscle pain in a short span of time. This medical portal is a trusted and reliable to obtain soma muscle relaxer for discounted price and in best quality.