Retin-A is a retinoid medication that is used in people who have severe levels of acne. Retin-A improves the complexion of skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. One can also buy Retin-A to reduce the discoloration of the skin. All these functions are performed by it active component tretinoin. Retin-A works by targeting the skin cells and perpetuating their growth.
How to apply Retin-A?
- Wash your hands thoroughly
- Clean the skin with a mild soap that does not irritate you
- Let the skin air dry for 25 to 30 minutes before applying the cream
- Apply the Retin-A cream as recommended by the doctor
- Do not wash the face until 1 hour after application
Do’s and Don’ts while using Retin-A
- Use Retin-A cream exactly as it is directed by the doctor. Applying it in excess amounts causes pealing of the skin
- Be careful not to apply Retin-A Cream on the wounds, around the mouth, nose or eyes
- Any sunburnt, irritated or wind burnt skin must not come in contact with Retin-A
- Do not go under the sun without using a sunscreen. The skin becomes very sensitive to the sun when you are using Retin-A cream.
What are the possible side effects of Retin-A?
Retin-A can sometimes cause severe side effects such as severe burning or stinging sensation, blisters or peeling of the skin. In such cases, stop using Retin-A Cream and contact a doctor immediately. Some common side effects like mild warmth, changes in skin color might be noticed. These effects usually subside after using Retin-A Cream for a while.