Prozac is an anti-depression prescription drug that is used in the treatment of depression, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and premature ejaculation. Due to its functionality, the medicine is listed as the most important medicine in the primitive health system by the world health organization. Prozac is also used to decrease suicidal thoughts that occur in elders above the age of 60. In some cases, people buy Prozac to cure obesity and alcohol dependence.
Proper way of taking Prozac
- Prozac which is available as a capsule, a tablet, and a delayed release capsule in many dosage strengths and should be taken only in the way it has been insisted by the physician.
- Prozac is typically taken once a day but the delayed release formulation of 90mg should be taken once a week.
- Prozac can be taken with or without food but it should be taken as a whole.
- Generally, people above the age of 65 are prescribed with a lower dose of Prozac pill.
Read these precautions before taking Prozac
- An individual is supposed to inform his doctor if he has liver disease, high blood sugar, seizures, heart problems and bipolar disorder before taking this drug.
- A person is not advised to take Prozac if he is allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Prozac should not be taken by pregnant and nursing women.
- As Prozac may cause unusual changes in the behavior of a person he/she should seek medical help if he experiences suicidal thoughts, problem in sleeping and depression.
Know the side effects before consuming Prozac
Get treated by a physician immediately if you experience adverse effects like,
- rashes in skin,
- fast heartbeat,
- violence in behaviour.