Prilosec, the brand name under which Omeprazole is available, is a proton pump inhibitor that can help reduce acid reflux symptoms by effectively treating the conditions causing them. Doctors prescribe to buy Prilosec for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers, and to heal the esophagus damaged by stomach acid.
Proper way of taking Prilosec
- After receiving the Prilosec order placed online, the patient should take Prilosec pills at least an hour before a meal, usually before breakfast.
- Only one Prilosec pill should be taken for every twenty-four hours.
- Swallow the whole Prilosec pill without breaking or chewing it.
- Complete the entire course of Prilosec drug therapy even if there is an improvement in symptoms. The next course of Prilosec may be taken only after a gap of four months.
Read these precautions before taking Prilosec
- Consult with the healthcare provider on the safe use of Prilosec drug, especially if there are any other health problems like liver disease, low blood magnesium, osteoporosis, frequent episodes of heart burn, trouble swallowing, or unexplained weight loss.
- Inform the general practitioner if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Consuming antibiotics along with this medication can cause adverse drug interactions. Hence, consulting your health care physician before taking Prilosec is recommended.
Know the side effects before consuming Prilosec
Common and sometimes severe side effects associated with taking Prilosec include:
- Stomach pain
- Kidney problems
- Low magnesium in the blood
- Severe diarrhoea