Plavix is an antiplatelet agent which is used to treat blood pressure. Plavix belongs to thienopyridine class of drugs. Plavix is primarily used to prevent a blood clot that is occurring in coronary artery disease, cerebrovascular disease, and peripheral vascular disease. Doctors also recommend buying Plavix for inhibiting heart attack and stroke. Because of its effectiveness, Plavix is listed as the most important medicines that are needed in the elemental health system.
Proper way of taking Plavix
- Plavix has to be taken only in the way it is indicated by the physician.
- Plavix medicine can be taken with food once a day.
- An individual taking Plavix is supposed to drink more water to minimize the risk of side effects.
- Plavix drug should be taken for the whole prescribed duration.
- In case of patients with peripheral heart disease the dosage of Plavix may be lower.
Read these precautions before taking Plavix
- Since Plavix is taken to prevent blood clot utmost care has to be taken even in case of minor accidents as there are possibilities for bleeding to be more.
- An individual having stomach ulcer or an injury in head that has caused bleeding should not take Plavix drug.
- Do not take Plavix if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Know the side effects before consuming Plavix
The adverse effects that are felt in the initial stage of taking Plavix are,
A person should seek immediate medical help if he/she experiences,
- bleeding in nose,
- sudden headache,
- unusual bleeding in vagina and bloody stools.