The morning after emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) is a method for a woman to prevent pregnancy, who had unprotected sex. Buy Morning after pill well before as it has to be taken soon after a sexual intercourse or the next morning. The ECP basically works by delaying the release of the egg from the ovum or if the egg has already been released its second mechanism of the action takes effects which are slowing down the mobility of the sperm. The morning after pill contains the active ingredient levonorgestrel.
Follow these instructions while taking Morning after
- Each Morning after pill comprises of 1.5 mg of levonorgestrel and the pill must be taken only once a day.
- The sooner one takes the Morning after pill after the sexual intercourse the better the chances are in preventing the pregnancy. It has 95% success rate if the pill is taken within 24 hours.
- The maximum time one can wait before taking Morning after pill is 72 hours.
Read these precautions before taking Morning after
- Morning after pill must only be taken if other forms of birth control pills are not used.
- Morning after cannot be used as a replacement for birth control pills. It can only be used if one forgets to take the birth control pill.
- Morning after pill should only be opted for a maximum 2 to 3 times a month.
- Do not take morning after pill if you are already pregnant.
Know the side effects before consuming Morning after
Some potential side effects of using morning after ECP are:
- Tenderness of breasts
- Abdominal pain
- Unusual tiredness
- Changes in menstrual cycle