Monodox is a antibiotics drug that treats certain medical conditions that are caused by bacteria. Doxycycline, which is the generic version of Monodox drug, when combined with other medicines, can be used to prevent malaria. The medical conditions that are treated using Monodox include bacterial pneumonia, chlamydia infections, choler, and acne. Before buying Monodox one should know the working mechanism of the drug which is, that prevents the manipulation of bacteria by inhibiting the production of proteins in the cells of the bacteria.
Proper way of taking Monodox
- Since the drug comes as a tablet, a capsule and also as syrup, proper care has to be administered before taking Monodox. Monodox can also be injected.
- While taking Monodox orally, drink a glass of water every time.
- Usually lower dose of Monodox pill is prescribed in the beginning and it should be taken 12 hours after taking the first dose.
- When taken by children, the dosage of the drug depends on the weight of the child.
Read these precautions before taking Monodox
- Do not take Monodox medicine if you are allergic to Monodox or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you are taking or planning to take oral typhoid vaccine
- Also tell your doctor if you are taking penicillin or similar type of drug.
Know the side effects before consuming Monodox
The side effects that may trigger as a result of taking Monodox are,
- redness of skin or eyes,
- stomach cramps,
- fast heartbeat,
- loss of appetite,
- muscle pain
- dark coloured urine.
A person should not hesitate to consult a doctor if he experiences any of these side effects.