Lipitor is used in the treatment of high cholesterol and also to reduce the risk of strokes, heart attack or any complications related to heart, in people who have type 2 diabetes, coronary heart diseases, and other heart ailments. People buy Lipitor as it can lower the level of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood while raising the levels of good cholesterol. Lipitor is used in adults and children who are at least ten years of age.
Proper way of taking Lipitor
- Take Lipitor as directed by the doctor. Generally, physicians recommend taking Lipitor once every day.
- Usually, Lipitor is taken with having food or even without food.
- Read the product label carefully before consuming Lipitor for safety purposes.
- You should not break Lipitor tablet while taking it.
- Do not take Lipitor medicine longer than what is recommended or in decreased or increased dosage strength.
Read these precautions before taking Lipitor
- Lipitor is not recommended for children under the age of ten.
- Do not take Lipitor if you are allergic to atorvastatin or if you have liver disease.
- Pregnant and breast feeding ladies are requested not to take Lipitor drug.
- Avoid eating foods that are high in fat and cholesterol.
- Do not consume alcohol and grapefruit or grapefruit juice when you are on medication with Atorvastatin.
Know the side effects before consuming Lipitor
You might get certain signs of allergic reactions from using Lipitor like,
- breathing trouble,
- swallowing of the face, lips, tongue, throat,
- stomach upset,
- joint pain,
- loss of appetite,
- dark urine,
- shortness of breath.
Rarely, people might experience breakdown of the skeletal muscle tissue that in turn can lead to failure of the kidney.