Lexapro is an FDA approved anti-depression medication that is used for alleviating the symptoms of major depression problem in people. Being categorized under the group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Escitalopram works by altering the chemicals in the brain and restoring balance in them. This leads to a reduction of the intensity of symptoms that are associated with anxiety. You can also buy Lexapro to treat conditions such as major depressive disorder but only in adults.
Proper way of taking Lexapro
- Lexapro comes in the form of orally consumable pills.
- Lexapro pill must be taken at the same time each day.
- As Lexapro medicine also comes in the liquid formulation, if one is consuming the liquid version, it must be measured only with the measuring spoon provided during the purchase of Lexapro.
- Take Lexapro in the exact specifications as provided by the doctor.
- Symptoms may disappear in about 4 weeks after one starts their course of therapy with this pill.
Read these precautions before taking Lexapro
- Lexapro (escitalopram) must not be taken by people who are allergic to the active ingredient or people who are currently undergoing treatment with methylene blue injection.
- Lexapro should be used with caution if people have any medical health adversities such as liver diseases, narrow-angle glaucoma, heart disease, blood pressure and bipolar disorders.
Know the side effects before consuming Lexapro
There are some common side effects and some severe side effects that can occur with the use of Lexapro.
Common side effects include,
- decreased sex drive,
- sudden changes in weight,
Other severe symptoms include,
- changes in vision or blurred vision,
- high fever,
- confusion or even tremors.