Hyzaar is used in the treatment of high blood pressure also known as hypertension. It is recommended to buy Hyzaar for lowering the risk of strokes in some people who have heart disease. Bringing down high blood pressure can help to reduce strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Hyzaar is a combination of two drugs: Losartan and hydrochlorothiazide and these two are the generic versions of Hyzaar.
Proper way of taking Hyzaar
- When you are taking Hyzaar medication, follow the guidance given by the doctor.
- You can take Hyzaar with or without food and the drug can be administered orally.
- The Hyzaar dosage can differ depending upon your age, present health status and your response to the drug.
- To benefit most from the drug, take Hyzaar regularly without missing any dose.
- Do not increase or decrease the Hyzaar dosage strength and take it even after you feel well.
Read these precautions before taking Hyzaar
- Hyzaar should not be taken by persons who are allergic to penicillin or sulfa drugs and those who are unable to urinate.
- People with diabetes should refrain from using Hyzaar medicine.
- If women are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, inform the doctor about it before taking Hyzaar medication.
- Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes with Hyzaar drug.
Know the side effects before consuming Hyzaar
Common side effects of Hyzaar comprises of,
- dry cough,
- stomach ache,
- back pain,
- sore throat,
- rashes over the skin.
Hyzaar can result in certain unusual reactions like
- changes in vision, eye pain
- weight gain, loss of appetite
- less or no urination
- bleeding of the skin, rashes or bruises
- mood changes, confusion, excessive thirst
- rapid heartbeats
- nausea, vomiting