Glucophage is the trade name for metformin, a chemical that controls the sugar levels in the blood, So people buy Glucophage to treat type 2 diabetes. Controlling blood sugar levels also amounts to the prevention of various other ailments such as kidney damage, nerve damage and problems with sexual functions. Glucophage is sometimes used along with exercise and a particular diet routine so as to facilitate even better control of the blood sugar levels.
Proper way of taking Glucophage
- Glucophage must be taken along with meals usually with evening meals.
- Glucophage medicine is only taken once a day.
- The dosage of the cholesterol medicine depends on the body condition of the person who is consuming the medicine.
- Glucophage oral pill must be taken as whole. Breaking or splitting the pill will cause the medicinal contents to be released quickly into the blood.
Read these precautions before taking Glucophage
- One must not take Glucophage if they are allergic to metformin or if they are currently suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you need to undergo any scanning or surgery, you need to stop taking Glucophage for a short while.
Know the side effects before consuming Glucophage
Glucophage causes which are less severe side effects such as,
- mild nausea,
Glucophage is known for causing some severe side effects such as,
- lactic acidosis,
- the symptoms of which include feeling dizzy,
- breathing problems,
- stomach pain.
A doctor must be contacted if these symptoms occur.