Cozaar, which is the trade name under which Losartan is available, is an angiotensin II agonist. Cozaar is highly effective in treating hypertension by bringing down the blood pressure level to normal. Patients may also buy Cozaar when it is used off-label in treating other ailments like reducing the risk of stroke in heart patients and in delaying the progress of kidney disease in diabetics .
Proper way of taking Cozaar
- After purchasing your Cozaar pills online, you should follow the exact prescription and dosage instructions.
- Do not modify the drug dose, or take Cozaar for longer or lesser time than recommended.
- Cozaar pills may be taken with or without food.
- Get blood tests and blood pressure levels checked regularly to monitor the illness as hypertension does not usually show any visible symptoms.
Read these precautions before taking Cozaar
- Cozaar should never be taken by someone who is allergic to Losartan.
- Cozaar is also not advised for administration to pregnant women as the drug can fatally harm the developing baby.
- As precautionary measures, inform the doctor if you have heart conditions, liver disease, kidney problems, dehydration trouble, and electrolyte imbalance.
- Avoid alcohol as it can further lower the blood pressure.
Know the side effects before consuming Cozaar
Side effects associated with taking Cozaar are:
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle cramps
- Flu like symptoms
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Swelling in the limbs
- Weight gain
- Increased potassium
- Rapid heart rate
- Trouble with urination