Clomid, a non-steroidal fertility pill works by causing the pituitary gland to release hormones that are required to stimulate ovulation. Clomid works in the body to stimulate and trigger ovulation in women who have certain medical ailments like polycystic ovary syndrome that aborts the naturally occurring ovulation. Clomid further stimulates the increase in the amount of hormones that brace the growth and release of mature egg or ovulation. Buying Clomid is often a desirable first step for fertility treatment due to its low cost.
Follow these Dosage instructions while taking Clomid
- Take Clomid by mouth or as advised by your consulting health care professional.
- Do not increase or decrease the dosage strength of Clomid pill or take it for longer than what is recommended.
- Usually, Clomid is taken on the 5th day of menstrual period for five days.
- You will need to have a pelvic examination before every treatment with Clomid and you should be under medical supervision while taking Clomid.
What precautions should be taken before consuming Clomid?
- Clomid is generally not used for more than three treatment cycle.
- Clomid should not be used if you are already pregnant.
- Do not take Clomid pill if you have abnormal vaginal bleeding, thyroid problem, ovarian cyst, a pituitary gland tumor or any liver disease in the past or in the present.
- Avoid activities that require clear vision like driving as Clomid drug can cause blurred vision.
What are the possible side effects of Clomid?
Few women develop ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome (OHSS) especially during the first treatment cycle with Clomid. Women can also experience,
- stomach ache,
- less or no urination,
- fast heartbeats.
Other serious effects include,
- heavy vaginal bleeding,
- changes in vision,
- seeing flashes in vision,
- pressure or pain in the pelvic area,
- enlargement in the pelvic.