Avapro is the brand variant of Irbesartan that is used primarily in the treatment of hypertension. Avapro belongs to a class of angiotensin receptor blockers that works by blocking the activities of angiotensin, a substance that causes the blood vessels to tighten thus relaxing the blood vessels and reducing blood pressure. Many people also buy Avapro as it is used to treat kidney disease that is caused as a result of high blood sugar and type 2 diabetes.
Proper way of taking Avapro
- Avapro has to be orally administered with or without food once a day.
- In the treatment of hypertension, 150mg of Avapro pill is prescribed as the initial dose. The dosage may be changed depending on the person’s reaction to the drug.
- To get better benefits from the drug it is better to take Avapro at the same time every day.
Read these precautions before taking Avapro
- Do not take Avapro medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Inform you physician about your food intake, if you are taking a low salt diet and if your body loses more fluid than you actually drink (dehydration) before taking Avapro medicine.
- A person taking Avapro may be told to take frequent tests while he is on treatment with this medicine.
- Children below the age of 16 should not take Avapro drug.
Know the side effects before consuming Avapro
It is important to know the side effects that occur if a person takes Avapro medicine. These effects include,
- stomach pain,
- change in vision,
- irregularities in heartbeat.
One should be cautious enough to get help from a health care provider if he experiences any of these adverse effects.