Amoxil, the common antibiotics drug, which contains the active ingredient amoxicillin is used to heal infections that occur due to bacteria. The function of all the bacteria that are vulnerable to the effect of amoxicillin can be curbed with this pill. As the result one can buy Amoxil to treat infections occurring in:
- Lungs (pneumonia)
- Middle ear
- Urinary tract
Proper way of taking Amoxil
- Amoxil tablets must be taken exactly as stipulated by the doctor.
- The liquid version of Amoxicillin must be taken only with the measuring device that is supplied with the product.
- Read the information leaflet carefully before proceeding with the consumption of Amoxil.
- The dosage of the Amoxil medicine depends on the type of bacterial infection one wishes to treat.
Read these precautions before taking Amoxil
- Do not take Amoxil pill if you are allergic to cephalosporin or amoxicillin.
- Amoxil pill must be taken with extreme care if you are suffering from asthma, food allergies, liver diseases and if you have a tendency to get diarrhea when you consume antibiotics.
- Amoxil cannot be taken by nursing mothers as it is known to enter the breast milk and harm a breastfeeding baby.
Know the side effects before consuming Amoxil
Amoxicillin has some common side effects namely,
- itching of the vagina,
- hairy or swollen tongue,
Severe symptoms include,
- usual bleeding,
- the tendency to bruise easily,
- muscle weakness,
- allergic reactions of the skin,
- swollen glands.
The common side effect might ward off after a while, whereas severe side effects must be treated immediately by consulting your healthcare provider.