Amaryl having the generic name glimepiride is used to control blood sugar levels and hence is known as oral diabetic medicine. Amaryl is used along with diet and exercise in order to treat type 2 diabetes. Sometimes, People also buy Amaryl and use it together with insulin or other medicines for treating any other medical condition. Control over diabetes can reduce the risk of a stroke or heart attack.
Proper way of taking Amaryl
- You can take Amaryl by mouth as it is recommended for oral administration.
- Take Amaryl with food during the breakfast or with the first meal of the day. Amaryl is usually taken once each day.
- Follow the guidelines directed by your physician so as to receive the best use of Amaryl medicine. Your physician might change the dosage strength of Amaryl from time to time so as notice improvements in your condition.
Read these precautions before taking Amaryl
- You should thoroughly read the Amaryl information leaflet provided while purchasing the drug.
- If you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis, then do not take this drug and call for medical help.
- Do not take Amaryl if you are allergic to glimepiride.
- Amaryl medicine is not recommended for pregnant and breast feeding women.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Amaryl pills.
Know the side effects before consuming Amaryl
The common side effects of Amaryl are,
- pale or yellowish skin,
- dark coloured urine,
- symptoms of flu.
Sometimes you could also experience the adverse side effects of Amaryl such as,
- severe skin reactions, rashes, and bruises on the skin,
- swelling of the lips, face, throat or tongue.